The Montreal Council of Women (MCW) is a vibrant, proactive, council of women reflecting the diversity of society, encouraging informed political decision making and public attitudes for the well-being of society, through education, consultation and cooperation. The MCW strives to empower all women to work together towards improving the quality of life for women, families and society through the forum of its membership of autonomous federated societies and individuals.
Acting as a catalyst for its members, MCW advocates improvement of social conditions and responds on issues that Canadians face as citizens. We achieve the MCW objectives by informing and recommending to the municipality that policies and services, which have a major impact particularly on the lives of women, need to be improved, changed or abandoned.
Take Action With the MCW!
Our lives have been disrupted by the Coronavirus pandemic in unprecedented ways. In a worldwide bid to contain this virus, the majority of us are confined to our homes.
In an effort to bring you reliable information and some relief, the MCW has graciously put together a list of resources for your perusal. We will continue to update our members and support them during these turbulent times.
- February 03, 2023OUT OF THE DARKNESS, INTO THE LIGHT
- December 15, 2022Iran Update: U.N. Member States Vote Yes and Make History
- December 05, 2022Food Insecurity is everyone’s concern!
- November 23, 2022Online Age Verification: Social and Technological Aspects
- Thursday, February 16, 2023 The MCW invites you to an online event that promises to be an eye-opening session on urban and suburban hunger and homelessness.
- Saturday, February 25, 2023 Join and Support the MCW Marvelous Mavens' efforts to end Homeless in Montreal!
- Thursday, March 9, 2023 Adrienne Piggott will speak to us about colourism and racial exclusion.