The Montreal Council of Women (MCW) is a vibrant, proactive, council of women reflecting the diversity of society, encouraging informed political decision making and public attitudes for the well-being of society, through education, consultation and cooperation. The MCW strives to empower all women to work together towards improving the quality of life for women, families and society through the forum of its membership of autonomous federated societies and individuals.
Acting as a catalyst for its members, MCW advocates improvement of social conditions and responds on issues that Canadians face as citizens. We achieve the MCW objectives by informing and recommending to the municipality that policies and services, which have a major impact particularly on the lives of women, need to be improved, changed or abandoned.
For more information, head to our Mandates section.
Take action with the MCW!
Our lives have been disrupted by the Coronavirus pandemic in unprecedented ways. In a worldwide bid to contain this virus, the majority of us are confined to our homes.
In an effort to bring you reliable information and some relief, the MCW has graciously put together a list of resources for your perusal. We will continue to update our members and support them during these turbulent times.
- November 16, 2020Update on Advocacy Efforts to Protect Children from Exposure to Pornography
- November 11, 2020Homelessness: In Montreal and Across the Globe
- October 29, 2020Petition on home care for seniors
- October 19, 2020The flu shot and Covid-19
- October 01, 2020Bill S-203: An Act to restrict young persons’ online access to sexually explicit material
- Thursday, December 3, 2020 PolySeSouvient and the Ongoing Efforts to Protect and Prevent, followed by a Commemoration honouring the lives lost on December 6th 1989
- Thursday, December 17, 2020 Holiday Gathering and Launch of the Pandemic Journal
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 Dr. Dorothy Williams: "The ABC’s of Canadian Black History”