The Montreal Council of Women (MCW) is a vibrant, proactive, council of women reflecting the diversity of society, encouraging informed political decision making and public attitudes for the well-being of society, through education, consultation and cooperation. The MCW strives to empower all women to work together towards improving the quality of life for women, families and society through the forum of its membership of autonomous federated societies and individuals.
Acting as a catalyst for its members, MCW advocates improvement of social conditions and responds on issues that Canadians face as citizens. We achieve the MCW objectives by informing and recommending to the municipality that policies and services, which have a major impact particularly on the lives of women, need to be improved, changed or abandoned.
Take Action With the MCW!
Our lives have been disrupted by the Coronavirus pandemic in unprecedented ways. In a worldwide bid to contain this virus, the majority of us are confined to our homes.
In an effort to bring you reliable information and some relief, the MCW has graciously put together a list of resources for your perusal. We will continue to update our members and support them during these turbulent times.
- June 10, 2021Standing in Solidarity with the Muslim Community
- June 04, 2021Kamloops: Where Are the Children Buried? - Comment and Resources
- June 03, 2021Petition Mailed-in Ballots for November 2021 Montreal Municipal Elections
- May 14, 2021Have your say on the new National Long-Term Care Services Standard
- Thursday, June 17, 2021 MCW Social Event: The Art of Etching with Annette Wolfstein-Joseph