The Montreal Council of Women (MCW) is a vibrant, proactive, council of women reflecting the diversity of society, encouraging informed political decision making and public attitudes for the well-being of society, through education, consultation and cooperation. The MCW strives to empower all women to work together towards improving the quality of life for women, families and society through the forum of its membership of autonomous federated societies and individuals.
Acting as a catalyst for its members, MCW advocates improvement of social conditions and responds on issues that Canadians face as citizens. We achieve the MCW objectives by informing and recommending to the municipality that policies and services, which have a major impact particularly on the lives of women, need to be improved, changed or abandoned.
Take Action With the MCW!
- September 19, 2023VOICES OF YOUTH VICTIMS OF VIOLENCE IN MONTREAL
- September 18, 2023Remembering Mahsa Amini: Her Impact on Women's Rights in Iran and the World
- May 10, 2023JEWISH HERITAGE MONTH – MAY 2023
- March 15, 2023CRARR COMMUNITY SUMMIT: EQUAL ACCESS TO COMMUNITY: SAFETY AND CRIME PREVENTION
- October 1, 2023 MCW's 130th Anniversary Luncheon
- October 5, 2023 Several laws enacted by the Legault government directly impact the anglophone community's ability to manage its own school system.
- October 19, 2023 An individual's financial goals change over a lifetime, and the years over the age of 45 pose particular challenges.