The Montreal Council of Women (MCW) is a vibrant, proactive, council of women reflecting the diversity of society, encouraging informed political decision making and public attitudes for the well-being of society, through education, consultation and cooperation. The MCW strives to empower all women to work together towards improving the quality of life for women, families and society through the forum of its membership of autonomous federated societies and individuals.
Acting as a catalyst for its members, MCW advocates improvement of social conditions and responds on issues that Canadians face as citizens. We achieve the MCW objectives by informing and recommending to the municipality that policies and services, which have a major impact particularly on the lives of women, need to be improved, changed or abandoned.
Take Action With the MCW!
Go to our TAKE ACTION section to sign petitions, and view our mandates and our resolutions.
- March 15, 2023CRARR COMMUNITY SUMMIT: EQUAL ACCESS TO COMMUNITY: SAFETY AND CRIME PREVENTION
- March 03, 2023NCWC Newsletter
- February 22, 2023Traffic Jam 2023: Navigating the Intersections of Human Trafficking.
- February 03, 2023OUT OF THE DARKNESS, INTO THE LIGHT
- Thursday, April 20, 2023 The current warming trend is clearly the result of human activities since the mid-1800s (industrial age), and is proceeding at a rate not seen over many recent millennia.
- Sunday, April 23, 2023 The MCW and BPW Montreal along with the NCWC invite all members to take advantage of this opportunity to learn from one of the best!
- April 28, 29 and 30, 2023 We are thrilled that following our wonderfully received event in January 2023 that Kathryn McMorrow has agreed to lead an in person weekend retreat.