The Montreal Council of Women (MCW) is a vibrant, proactive, council of women reflecting the diversity of society, encouraging informed political decision making and public attitudes for the well-being of society, through education, consultation and cooperation. The MCW strives to empower all women to work together towards improving the quality of life for women, families and society through the forum of its membership of autonomous federated societies and individuals.
Acting as a catalyst for its members, MCW advocates improvement of social conditions and responds on issues that Canadians face as citizens. We achieve the MCW objectives by informing and recommending to the municipality that policies and services, which have a major impact particularly on the lives of women, need to be improved, changed or abandoned.
Take Action With the MCW!
Our lives have been disrupted by the Coronavirus pandemic in unprecedented ways. In a worldwide bid to contain this virus, the majority of us are confined to our homes.
In an effort to bring you reliable information and some relief, the MCW has graciously put together a list of resources for your perusal. We will continue to update our members and support them during these turbulent times.
- April 06, 2021Gun Control and Bill C-21
- March 08, 2021International Women's Day: Breast Feeding Ad at the Golden Globe Awards and Discussion
- January 21, 2021Towards a Nuclear Weapons Free World Petition e-3028
- December 30, 2020Trailblazing women among new Order of Canada appointments
- December 21, 2020MCW urges Members to support Petition-8803: Strengthening standards in effect in residential and long-term care facilities (CHSLDs)
- Thursday, April 22, 2021 MCW Wellness Event: An introduction to Reike Workshop
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 AGM and WOTY 2021